Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 1 Frustration100

I have spent half an hour yesterday after class posting a blog about Web 2.0 and I just cant find it today. IT and me , we are doomed and this will never be a happy match, so Matt, watch out!

However, seriously, I really like the challenge of learning a new skill and I hope that this ICT course will help me apply more emerging technology into helping my students learn and for me to apply it to my teaching.

Some thoughts about yesterday's Web 2.0

Blown away by Second Life! Fancy being a doctor on this site , no need to worry about being sued or making a wrong diagnosis or treatment because after all aren't they cartoon people?

I really liked the Michael Wesch's video Web 2.0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE However, I could feel my pulserate rising, must be the adrenaline rush or as a doctor, I am perhaps more aware of my sympathetic nervous system responding. Certainly the stress related to these new technologies and the pressure that goes with the immediacy of this is extreme. The video is aptly named " The Machineis Us/ing Us"

No comments:

Post a Comment